Beyond the Basics: Ovarian Cancer Surgery
July 26, 2022
Surgery is an essential part of ovarian cancer treatment, and there are always new developments in the field. You may find yourself wondering what you should know about laparoscopy vs. laparotomy, HIPEC, secondary cytoreductive surgery, and more. During this webinar, Dr. Kara Long Roche, Associate Director of the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Program at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), discusses various topics related to ovarian cancer surgery.
Key Takeaways from Webinar Viewers:
- Research on HIPEC has come a long way since my diagnosis in 2015!
- Surgery for recurrence is actually possible.
- Information on when debulking is appropriate for recurrences.
- What we can do to achieve the best outcomes from surgery.
- Evidence supporting the importance of stress management is very real and growing.