- What information does SHARE collect from me?
- How is information collected by SHARE used and shared?
- What else should I know about Anonymous Information collected by SHARE?
- How does SHARE protect my information?
- Does SHARE collect payment card information?
- Does SHARE use other third party service providers?
- Can I choose to stop receiving communications from SHARE?
- Can children use the SHARE website?
- What if I live in California?
- What if I live outside the United States?
- What if I live in Canada?
- What if I follow a link to a third party website?
- How do I contact SHARE?
WHAT INFORMATION DOES SHARE COLLECT FROM ME?
- When you visit the Site, we provide you with the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter distribution list, or to our blog, by providing your email in fields posted on the “NEWSLETTER” page. When you send a message to SHARE via the Site’s “CONTACT US” page, we ask you to provide your name, e-mail address, phone number, company name, subject of your inquiry, and any information you wish to include in your open message field, so that we may communicate with you and answer your questions. We also collect certain information from women or men who would like to speak to someone in our support network about a diagnosis they or someone they know has received so that we can contact them at the appropriate phone number and time of day. If you would like to speak to someone in our support network, we ask that you navigate to our “HELPLINE” page and fill out our online form called “I’D LIKE SOMEONE TO CALL ME” and tell us the following information: (i) name, (ii) state or region where you live, (iii) your phone number and best times to reach you, (iv) whether you speak English or some other language, and (v) if you would like to speak about breast cancer, ovarian cancer, or caregiving. You may also choose to provide additional information in the open message field about what you are most concerned about. Please also be advised that if you contact us by email, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, in order to respond to you.
- Information We Collect About Your Interaction With The Site. We may collect additional information about your interaction with the Site without identifying you as an individual (“Anonymous Information”), by using cookies or other technologies. For example, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser and operating system type, and information about the device you are using (such as whether it is a mobile device or a desktop computer). We may use Anonymous Information for any purpose in our discretion. For clarity, Anonymous Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and does not permit the identification of individual persons.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY SHARE USED AND SHARED?
- How We May Use Your Information. We may use the information we collect from and about you through the Site for any of the following purposes: (i) to operate the Site and to provide support services to you and your loved ones, (ii) to respond to your requests and inquiries, (iii) to contact you and to communicate with you in order to respond to your request for additional information, (iv) to send you newsletters, action alerts, and updates, (v) to contact you in the future about our fundraising efforts and to ask you to contribute to our organization, (vi) to notify you about important changes to the Site or our support services, (vii) to review Site usage and operations and to improve the content and functionality of the Site, (viii) to protect the security or integrity of the Site or our organization, or (ix) to tailor the Site to your needs and the needs of other visitors.
- How We May Share Your Information. SHARE does not sell, lease or rent the personal information you share with us on or through the Site with third parties. SHARE may disclose your personal information to third parties only (i) as required by law or regulation or as we believe in good faith that disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to: (1) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (2) to respond to claims and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, (3) to protect and defend our rights or property and/or the rights or property of third parties, as permitted by law, or (4) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or (ii) with our service providers that provide certain services to maintain and operate the Site or to help us deliver services to you.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY SHARE?
- “Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective website more efficient. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
- “Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device.
- Google Analytics— SHARE partners with Google Analytics to provide insight into our Site. Google Analytics’ terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
HOW DOES SHARE PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
SHARE uses reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to secure the personal information you share with us. Regardless of the precautions taken by us or by you, no data transmitted over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide all personal information to us at your own risk.
DOES SHARE COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION?
SHARE does not collect credit and debit card information directly and kindly asks you not to share this information with us when submitting requests for additional information.
- Network for Good’s terms & conditions: http://www.networkforgood.com/about/terms/
- PayPal’s user agreement: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full
DOES SHARE USE OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS?
In order to send you our newsletter and other communications, we use a third party service provider called Constant Contact, Inc. (“Constant Contact”). Constant Contact helps us build contact lists and prepare communications for distribution. Your name and email address may be seen and processed by Constant Contact in order for us to utilize this tool. We encourage you to read Constant Contact’s privacy statement and terms and conditions of use by clicking the following links:
- Constant Contact’s privacy statement:
- Constant Contact’s terms and conditions of use:
- Event Journal’s terms and conditions: http://www.eventjournal.com/terms-and-conditions/.
- GoToWebinar’s terms of service: https://esign.citrixonline.com/CitrixOnline/Production/Global_TOS_JAN2016.html.
- Google’s terms of service: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM SHARE?
SHARE may send you newsletters and other messages about developments with our organization and support network, to alert you about events in the community and educational opportunities, or to advise about significant happenings in the policy arena, to name just a few examples. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other electronic communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a SHARE message or the “unsubscribe now” link on our blog platform.
CAN CHILDREN USE THE SHARE WEBSITE?
We do not intentionally gather information from individuals who are under the age of 13. Upon notification that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Site visitors who are California residents and who have provided us with "personal information" (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact us by writing to: SHARE, 165 West 46th Street, Suite 712, New York, NY 10036.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CANADA?
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their own personal information collected by SHARE by writing to: SHARE, 165 West 46th Street, Suite 712, New York, NY 10036. If you believe that the personal information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us and we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE?
HOW DO I CONTACT SHARE?
165 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036
Phone (Main Office): 212.719.0364
© COPYRIGHT 2016 SHARE: Self-Help for Women with Breast or Ovarian Cancer d/b/a SHARE, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.