Family Ties: Knowing Your Connection to Cancer (with MSK)
April 20, 2023
On April 20, join Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) and SHARE Cancer Support for a talk about family health history. At this talk, you will:
Key Takeaways from Webinar Viewers:
- Learn what your family’s health history can tell you about your risk for cancer.
- Find out how to get genetic testing.
- Get helpful tips on how to talk with your loved ones about health problems.
- Hear from a patient about how they got genetic testing and talked with family about their health history.
- You will hear from MSK experts Dr. Ying Liu, who specializes in inherited (passed down by blood) gynecologic cancers and Dr. Tracy-Ann Moo, a breast surgeon, as well as Nefa-Tari Moore, Outreach and Uterine Program Coordinator at SHARE and three-time cancer survivor.
The event will be presented in English and Spanish. Resources will be provided after the event.