SHARE is a national nonprofit that supports, educates, and empowers women affected by breast, ovarian, or metastatic breast cancer, with a special focus on medically underserved communities. Our mission is to connect these women with the unique support of survivors and peers, creating a community where no one has to face breast or ovarian cancer alone.
LatinaSHARE Program Coordinator
The LatinaSHARE Program Coordinator provides programmatic and communications assistance to the Co-Directors of LatinaSHARE.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Within the Spanish speaking community,
- Data collection and reporting
- Drafting reports along with senior staff
- Planning and preparing for special events and meetings
- Assisting on effective execution of work plans for various grants
- Scheduling support group calendar and assisting Co-Directors on educational program presenter follow up.
- Supervising and training volunteers and interns
- Coordinating special events
- In communications
- The Program Coordinator collaborates with LatinaSHARE staff to ensure growing online awareness of SHARE and its services through keeping social media and the web site updated and interactive with content such as articles, press clips, news and information.
- Translation of various articles and research on topics and future presenters.
- Constant contact with support group members including calls to support group participants and design of flyers.
- Webinar: provide technical support
Co-Directors of LatinaSHARE Program
Five days a week
The Communications Director has a broad range of fundraising, event, marketing, production, and strategic communications responsibilities, with a focus on digital. S/he must have exceptional writing skills and be able to deliver flawless public-facing products (print publications, web copy, graphics).
S/he works closely with programming and development staff to support public awareness and use of SHARE’s services. S/he also works closely with the CEO & Executive Director to deliver thought leadership and enhance SHARE’s brand.
S/he must be mission-driven, results-oriented, a strong leader, and able to deliver at both strategic and tactical levels when needed. S/he reports directly to the CEO/Executive Director.
- Develop comprehensive strategic plan for communications department
- Serve as the overall brand steward for SHARE, protecting and enhancing its reputation for inclusive, experienced cancer support
- Develop integrated marketing plans for all new initiatives
- Manage design and production processes of all printed materials
- Serve as key member of management team
- Manage organic SEO and digital advertising program that raises discoverability of key initiatives
- Build active relationships with local and national press including regular pitching to increase SHARE’s public visibility
- Provide major marketing and logistical support for annual gala
- Plan and regulate content strategy and calendar, including social media, blog, email marketing, and press outreach
- Maintain brand adherence and provide line/copy-editing support for all external-facing communications on web or in print
- Support the Development team in creating successful individual fundraising appeals
- Provide regular analytics reports
- Actively manage the Communications Assistant, including:
- Weekly check-ins
- Proofreading all mass emails, social media
- Providing creative guidance for all digital ads, emails, and social media
- Assigning duties as needed
- Hire and manage freelance designers, writers, PR professionals, photographers, videographers, and print vendors
- BA in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field; MA preferred
- A minimum 5 years of experience in nonprofit or B2C marketing
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively to and about diverse communities and people living with cancer
- An efficient and experienced project manager
- Experience with the following: WordPress, basic HTML, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Office Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, Facebook/ Instagram Ads, Constant Contact
This job description is not exhaustive and may evolve with the candidate and/or organizational needs.
How to Apply:
Email Aneta Sadej, SHARE's Administrative Manager, with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, your resume, and 2-3 work samples that demonstrate writing and design skill.
African American or Latina Outreach Ambassador
Location: Remote, off-site locations (schools, churches, etc.) in African American or Latina communities throughout NYC’s metropolitan area.
SHARE’s Ambassador Program is a grassroots community organizing effort designed to reach out to African-American and Caribbean or Latina women in medically underserved communities throughout NYC and reduce outcome disparities in patients with breast or ovarian cancer through education and support initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Training and Support:
How to Apply:
SHARE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.