SHARE is a New York City based not for profit organization, established in 1976. Our survivor-led services include telephone helplines, support groups, educational forums, advocacy activities and public health initiatives in both English and Spanish. All of SHARE’s services are free of charge.
Program Manager (Part-Time)
Provide support to the Breast Cancer Program Director, Ovarian Cancer Program Director, and Senior Director of Programs to plan, promote and implement SHARE’s Breast, Ovarian, and Metastatic education and support programming. This position reports to the Senior Director of Programs.
This is a part-time position. Occasional evening hours required. The employee is responsible for scheduling flexible working hours in order to complete all tasks and attend SHARE programs and meetings as needed.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with Program Directors to plan seasonal educational programs.
- Oversee production and development of SHARE program guide in partnership with communications director.
- Plan and manage educational programs both on- and off-site, acting as liaison with presenters, venues, and organizational partners.
- Plan and manage in-support group educational presentations.
- Plan support group expansion and changes with Directors, to meet organizational goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with presenters.
- Work with Directors on plans to meet their strategic goals.
- Schedule all support groups seasonally. Proposing and confirming dates with meeting spaces and
- Attend educational programs to run the logistics, setup, breakdown, and moderating.
- Coordinate and provide technical support for online programs, working with presenter and moderator, communicating with attendees. Working with patient advocates to develop appropriate Q&A questions from attendee suggestions.
- Manage educational program events and logistics, set up, sign-in sheets, refreshments, and handouts, liaising with presenter, and other prep and breakdown.
- Set-up in-office support groups.
- Act as liaison with support group facilitators, program directors and educational program presenters. Maintaining relationships through mailing thank you and reminder letters, regular phone calls,
- Track RSVPs and send confirmations for all programs. Communicate with attendees as needed.
- Collaborate with the communications department to promote educational programs in email newsletters, social media, on the SHARE website, and in
- Maintain program calendar on website and GoToWebinar.
- Work with communications department to create flyers for all programs, disease groups, and boroughs. Including entering program information into flyer templates.
- Work with office support staff on quarterly program guide mailings.
- Support national mailing list creation and mailing with communications director and helpline.
- Maintain relationships with sister organizations, community leaders, elected representatives, media and others to promote of SHARE and its services.
- Develop and implement special outreach marketing projects through mailings, calls, emails, and Social Media as needed for support groups and educational programs.
- Work with community leaders, elected representatives, the medical community, media and others to increase awareness of SHARE and
- Experience in health education, program planning, and/or community outreach.
- Knowledge of the cancer community helpful but not required.
- Advanced computer skills and adept at learning new computer skills (Google calendar and Drive, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office).
- Good people skills, outgoing, problem solver, detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people: doctors, researchers, participants, cancer survivors.
- Commitment to supporting and expanding SHARE’s community
- A sense of humor
- Minimum education: Associates degree
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter addressing your background and experience and how it relates to our position requirements to [email protected]
SHARE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic as protected by law.
Position Type: Volunteer
SHARE’s Ambassador Program is a grassroots community organizing effort designed to reach out to African-American, Caribbean, and immigrant women in medically underserved communities throughout the five boroughs of New York City and reduce outcome disparities in patients with breast or ovarian cancer through education and support initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
LOCATION OF JOB
Outdoors and Offsite at locations throughout the New York City Metropolitan Area.
Please send your resume and short essay about “Why would you like to be SHARE's Ambassador?” to Aneta Sadej at [email protected]
SHARE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.